Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dirty Dishwasher Woes

Dear Lila,
I have a 7 year old dishwasher, and with today's economy, I can't afford a new one.  It's still running, but doesn't get the dishes as clean as I like.  Do you have any tips on how to coax cleaner glassware out of each cycle?
Spotty Madge
San Jose, CA

Dear Spotty Madge,
Take your fingers out of the Palmolive and rinse them clean!  Now, repeat after me, softer hands won't sparkle and shine.  Seriously, let's just focus on your dilemma.  I also have a retro dishwasher.  And I think the drain is sort of plugged.  But my dishes are looking squeaky clean since I started adding white vinegar to my rinse cycle.  A quarter cup should do the trick, and it may take a couple of cycles before you see a big difference.  The vinegar rinses off, so don't worry about that special sour scent when the dishes are clean and dry.
Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment